PDA

View Full Version : Red Sand Beach

Geoffrey Montagu
09-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Captured this image while in the Westfjords region of Iceland this past July. The expanse, colors, POV of this location provided an opportunity to try this hh. C&C welcome.

D810, Nikon 16-35mm @ 35mm, 1/4s, f 22, hh, ISO 64.

Geoffrey

Adhika Lie
09-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Hi Geoffrey, this is a beautiful abstraction even though I am not sure at what I am seeing until I read the title again. I guess I could lose probably about half the sky and I would probably clone out the yellow strip on the LR corner. TBH, I am wishing for more grounds than sky in this image.

Andrew McLachlan
09-22-2016, 04:51 PM
Hi Geoffrey, I am a big fan of these types of images...do agree with Adhika on the yellow strip on the LR corner...overall I would prefer to see some color in this scene to really make it pop, such as at sunset or sunrise...just a thought for next time :)

Don Railton
09-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Hi Geoffrey

I too think this is beautiful although would prefer a little more vibrant colour incorporated. The yellow strip does not bother me, there is a faint dust bunnie just left of centre just below what I presume is the horizon.

Don

Geoffrey Montagu
09-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Hi Geoffrey

I too think this is beautiful although would prefer a little more vibrant colour incorporated. The yellow strip does not bother me, there is a faint dust bunnie just left of centre just below what I presume is the horizon.

Don

Thanks Don, and your keen eye seeing the spot on the horizon.

Geoffrey

Morkel Erasmus
09-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Nicely executed - presume you were panning side to side with the slow shutter?
I would add some tonal contrast to the whole scene to make it pop a bit more...

Geoffrey Montagu
09-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. This is my first attempt using this technique, panning side to side with a slow shutter, so your suggestions are very much appreciated.

I like the pastel quality, but certainly worth looking at a version with richer colors as mentioned.

Geoffrey