PDA

View Full Version : Drake Green-winged Teal

Tim Foltz
09-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Canon 1DX • 700 mm • 1/1600 • f/7.1 • ISO 640 • hand held • manual

A morning shot from my favorite winter pond.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

John Whaley
09-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Nothing to offer here but sweet. Awesome capture. They fly fast don't they...

arash_hazeghi
09-20-2016, 01:38 AM
sweet light and calm water is really nice Tim! love the wing position too. I am wondering what it would look like if you just leave the bird in and crop out the reflection. I like this one too, but may lean over that version because I think will show more details

TFS

Tim Foltz
09-20-2016, 01:51 AM
sweet light and calm water is really nice Tim! love the wing position too. I am wondering what it would look like if you just leave the bird in and crop out the reflection. I like this one too, but may lean over that version because I think will show more details

TFS

Thanks Arash, that would be a fairly large crop even though the image is sharp I'll have to check the archives for a closer one.

Lorant Voros
09-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Top notch pose and though the reflection isn't crisp I find it artistic, like a painting. Nice composition too. Good work.

Stu Bowie
09-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Hi Tim, excellent flight pose with the full downstroke of the wings, and lots of colours to look at. The trailing droplets add interest too. Its always good to capture a reflection.

Bill Dix
09-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Terrific capture, Tim. Great wing position. I had the same thought as Arash -- the reflection adds interest, but it might be a lovely shot without it since the reflection is less than mirror-like. But there are some signs of a large crop, so maybe just be thrilled with the OP and call it a day?

Adhika Lie
09-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Very nice shot, Tim. I like the composition as is. The sharpness on the bird is addictive.

David Salem
09-21-2016, 01:55 AM
I had the exact same thought as Arash did as soon as I looked at this beautiful flight frame. The reflection isn't great so I figured why not crop the reflection out for a 2x3 landscape. Then I looked at the details which look pretty darn good but it might not hold up to heavier cropping so I am with you on the comp. If it would have been a perfect reflection, this would have been way over the top. I guess you will have to settle for just over the top! Well done and love the perfect light angle and fully lit speculums.

Marina Scarr
09-22-2016, 02:00 PM
Terrific flight pose, super light and great details on this hard to photograph duck. Since the reflection is murky I would prefer losing it but understand the image can't handle the crop.

Doug Brown
09-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Great flight frame that really shows off the color of a Green-winged Teal.