Flash: Off
File size: 67.6MB
Image size: 1274 x 1364
Color space: AdobeRGB
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Contrast: Normal
Color profile: ProPhoto RGB

I did very little PP of the image. A very little sharpening and a bit of increase in the shadows. Removed a bit of pink reflection from a nearby feeder on his breast. Thanks in advance for any coments.

John Whaley
09-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Great shot with tack focus and amazing detail. I see some noise in the background that you could easily reduce in pp. Also it looks like you may have done some editing on the left side which you would have to clear up if you were going to print.

arash_hazeghi
09-17-2016, 02:04 AM
Better than the other one for sure, in terms of pose, but you are still struggling with noise, the BG and the bird are noisy. there is a clear editing or cloning artifact near the left edge of the frame as noted above

TFS

Brian Desjardins
09-17-2016, 05:31 AM
Nice shot , I also agree with the noise issue. I'm not sure but I think the iso might be a tad bit high and i also don't think you have to go that high of a shutter speed tho i'm not the most experienced person but i have shot a decent amount of humming birds in flight.
I mainly stay around 400/800 iso with a SS around 2000 ish. @ f/5.6 , this might help reduce the amount of noise. Still nice detail.
And again i'm not the most experienced just going off how i've taken my shots of them in flight.

Randy Stout
09-17-2016, 08:29 AM
Wheeler:

Great pose, nice lighting, catchlight.

I wouldn't expect this amount of noise from a D5 at this ISO, unless the original was very underexposed, or a very large crop, or both. Perhaps post a full frame jpeg without any manipulation so we can see what you started with.

Cheers

Randy