PDA

View Full Version : Schwabacher's Landing

Paul Kammen
09-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks for any comments - shot in the morning, and tried to bring up the shadows enough on the trees. A pretty peaceful place at Grand Teton NP.

Don Railton
09-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Hi Paul.. a Beautiful and classic scene which looks pretty sharp. I do think you under exposed it IMHO (so, not only trees..) and I do see a halo over the trees most prominent rhs of lake, but over all the trees line to a lesser extent. i would have another attempt at processing, possibly using a an appropiate luminosity mask to avoid the halos.. It's usual to include details of setting and equipment..

DON

Paul Kammen
09-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Thanks...I worked on it a little more, think this might be a little better.

Adhika Lie
09-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Color wise, the first one works better for me. The cyan in the RP is not natural.

Paul Kammen
09-15-2016, 03:30 PM
OK, thanks - I did see the sky. Worked on it a little more and I think this is a little more even for saturation and brightness.

Don Railton
09-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Hi Paul

Somewhere between the first and the last post is about where i think you should be.. I think there is a blue cast on the last post, and you have lost some of the colour in the clouds from the OP.. Not sure how you are processing but I set the WB up front so there are no bias towards any of the 3 channels. I would pick the deep shadows or the lightest parts of the clouds...

DON

David Stephens
09-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Hi Paul

Somewhere between the first and the last post is about where i think you should be.. I think there is a blue cast on the last post, and you have lost some of the colour in the clouds from the OP.. Not sure how you are processing but I set the WB up front so there are no bias towards any of the 3 channels. I would pick the deep shadows or the lightest parts of the clouds...

DON

I agree with Don. It's between the two extremes.

I'd lean more toward the first one. It's easy to get lost working on alternative takes. Often, I'll get a software upgrade and think to myself that I'll reprocess some old favorite and make it "better." More than not, the first was the best.

Andrew McLachlan
09-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Nice scene...I like the contrast in the original post but prefer the colors in Pane #5

Michael Thompson
09-24-2016, 09:26 PM
I like the original image best. ~MT