PDA

View Full Version : Theme Defiance

Marc Mol
09-14-2016, 07:23 AM
In spite of it's highly endangered status, a black rhino stands proud and defiant, accompanied by a trio of Ox-peckers, somewhere in the vast open grasslands of Northern Kenya.

With a normal habitat of semi-woodland & thicket, I was thrilled to find this female posing out in the open. :bg3:

Note the recent wound on her chest, the result of a recent encounter with a rival.

Nikon D5 Nikkor 80-400 AF-S 1/1600s f/13 (had been shooting scapes, and forgot to change :2eyes2:) ISO1250@ 300mm.

F/F, crouching upwind and down low & close to the vehicle, curves. levels, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC '15.

Cheers
Marc

Rachel Hollander
09-14-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi Marc - A very nice side on look at this black rhino. The dof works and we have all been there with forgetting to adjust the settings. The oxpeckers add for me. Good low pov too.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-15-2016, 01:55 AM
Hi Marc -- Ah, this is such a beautiful Rhino image , standing handsomely in the open and the oxpeckers are simply a bonus. Its face appears a bit soft to me, a round of sharpening might be helpful . Lovely dual layer of colours are adding so much to the scene .

TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-15-2016, 05:07 AM
Hi Marc, this is a simple, neat yet wonderful image of the Black Rhino. The angle you got is really nice and makes the subject stand out well. Nice work. TFS.

Giovanni Frescura
09-15-2016, 03:09 PM
For me is nice composition and show the right bk.
Good detail ..a bit soft

Morkel Erasmus
09-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Great angle, pose and overall image design here, the oxpeckers add a lot. :5
I do think you can "tame" the green/yellow tinge on the rhino a tad? Not sure if it was rubbing on something but I think it's affected the colour balance ever so sligthly?

Marc Mol
09-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks Morkel

Great angle, pose and overall image design here, the oxpeckers add a lot. :5
I do think you can "tame" the green/yellow tinge on the rhino a tad? Not sure if it was rubbing on something but I think it's affected the colour balance ever so sligthly?

The greenish tinge was from rubbing up and through thick shrub and noticed it on a lot of the blacks in this area Morkel, as to the name of the exact bush/shrub that caused this, I'm not sure.:e3