PDA

View Full Version : Light at play in the Garden Of Eden

Don Lacy
09-13-2016, 06:03 PM
This was one of those magical situations you find on the edge of weather we had a setting sun lighting up the rock formations while the BG sky was still grey from a passing storm. We were in a another section of Arches NP when we saw the possibility for some amazing light on the Garden of Eden so we hoped in the rental and drove as fast as we could at 30 MPH to get there we only had a few minutes to get set up and find compositions which was not ideal. I wish I had more time to work this area before hand I am not really happy with any of the compositions I came away with when I reviewed the images at home I feel I really did not do the light and the beauty of that afternoon justice.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4 at 35mm, 1/13s at f/13, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 400, Tripod,

Don Railton
09-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Hi Don.. Glad you enjoyed your trip.. light looks wonderful along with countryside but as you said you may have been a bit too rushed on this one.. dont dislike it, but you set very high standards which you may not have achieved in this one, in my opinion anyway..

best regards

DON

Don Lacy
09-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Hi Don.. Glad you enjoyed your trip.. light looks wonderful along with countryside but as you said you may have been a bit too rushed on this one.. dont dislike it, but you set very high standards which you may not have achieved in this one, in my opinion anyway..

best regards

DON
Thats how I feel about it also its a decent image nothing wrong with it the light is beautiful but it is still missing that extra element like a strong foreground to anchor the image. Stupid high standards

Don Railton
09-15-2016, 06:41 PM
But you enjoyed the moment.. much more important..!!

David Stephens
09-17-2016, 01:23 PM
I wonder if a 5:4 horizontal crop, with much less of the weak sky in the picture might give it a little more juice. Great light. It's a shame not to make more of it.

Andrew McLachlan
09-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Very nice Don and I know all too well the rushing aspect, but that is what we do :) Someday I need to travel to this part of the USA!