PDA

View Full Version : Theme Limpkin

Joseph Przybyla
09-12-2016, 10:29 AM
I captured this image recently at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 320mm (480mm FFE)
1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 400 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, smoothed and blended a couple of out of focus branches in the background
Cropped for composition and presentation

Isaac Grant
09-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Details on the bird look great. I like the crop and the bird very much. Especially the weathered beak.

Circle B certainly offers you an ample amount of up close shooting. I was there once and really enjoyed my brief walk around. Even went to the back and watched the eagle nest with my boys.

The background looks like it could use some more work and looks inconsistent to me. The area to the right of the crook in the neck looks like you blended something but it is inconsistent and does not blend in well. Same on the left edge of the frame from mid way up. . Also feel like just above the beak near the tip the background looks off, especially the few darker patches near the tip. Perhaps using NIK Viveza and lowering the contrast or structure might help. Others may have other suggestions.

Joseph Przybyla
09-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Details on the bird look great. I like the crop and the bird very much. Especially the weathered beak.

Circle B certainly offers you an ample amount of up close shooting. I was there once and really enjoyed my brief walk around. Even went to the back and watched the eagle nest with my boys.

The background looks like it could use some more work and looks inconsistent to me. The area to the right of the crook in the neck looks like you blended something but it is inconsistent and does not blend in well. Same on the left edge of the frame from mid way up. . Also feel like just above the beak near the tip the background looks off, especially the few darker patches near the tip. Perhaps using NIK Viveza and lowering the contrast or structure might help. Others may have other suggestions.

Hi Isaac, I could not get enough separation between the bird and vegetation for a smooth background. I opted to blend and smooth the worst trying to keep some of the texture. In some images I like the change from a totally smooth one color background. Thank you for viewing and commenting.

Jim Crosswell
09-13-2016, 06:38 PM
I like the details and composition. Well done Joe.

Satish Ranadive
09-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Excellent portrait with beautiful details.
Beautiful composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Joseph Przybyla
09-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.