PDA

View Full Version : Theme Tug-O-War

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-11-2016, 11:34 PM
A pair of one-month old wild dog puppies fight for a slice of flesh at Selous Game Reserve, TZ. Things were happening fast and I had little time to change settings as they were moving from light to shade quickly. I wish I had opened up the aperture to 5.6 & use 1600 ISO but I think I got away as they had momentarily stopped. It was a special sighting & was glad I got this image.
7D II
100-400 II at 241 mm
1/160
f/7.1
ISO 800

Rachel Hollander
09-13-2016, 06:59 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Cute moment. It's so much fun watching wild dog puppies playing but often difficult to capture due either to the frenzy or the surroundings. I agree with you about the settings in the field. The puppy on the right looks a little flatter than the one on the right. I might give it a bit more punch if it were mine.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
09-14-2016, 07:34 AM
A cute tug-of-war moment Sanjeev, considering the low S/S, although the RH pup is not super sharp, you've done well. The surrounding habitat is what it is, but just a wondeful moment to enjoy and saviour!

TFS

haseeb badar
09-15-2016, 01:46 AM
HI Sanjeev -- NIce job considering the settings and I can perfectly relate how tough it gets whn things go so fast , so well done on getting the image . Slight tweaks as suggested might be helpful in lifting the image but a very cute moment captured .

TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
09-18-2016, 03:16 PM
The slow SS worked out for the one on the left, and I like how it juxtaposes with the blurred one on the RHS. I agree with Rachel you could add some contrast/pop to the blurred pup.
If it's not too much of a crop already I'd crop tighter from each side?