PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Yellowlegs

Isaac Grant
09-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Here is another frame of a very (too?) cooperative Lesser Yellowlegs from late August. Taken at the north end of the East Pond at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in Queens, NY. Late evening light. The last picture some hoped for a bit more of an interesting pose. Thoughts on this one?

Canon 7dii and Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. F8, ISO 640, SS 1/2500. Tripod mounted while lying in the mud.

Converted in DPP 4. Auto White Balance. In PS I adjusted for contrast, saturation and highlights and shadows. Leveled, sharpened and applied noise reduction to the background. Also cloned out a few small distractions in the water. Full frame.

Bill Dix
09-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi Isaac. I figured you'd come back with another pose. For my personal taste, this one is the better of the two. A very nice frame. Yellowlegs are so good a giving us interesting poses. Light is lovely and the bird nice and sharp. From my experiences at JB, calling it "mud" that you were lying in is being exceptionally polite.

Daniel Cadieux
09-11-2016, 06:59 PM
I've always loved what I like to call the "figure 4" leg positions with shorebirds. You got it here. I like the bit of water between the raised foot and water surface. A species I've oddly not had the chance to photograph much this year - save for a few silhouette opportunities one early morning....

Satish Ranadive
09-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Excellent image. Very nice pose with Raised foot.Beautiful colors and nice details.

Regards,
Satish.

Mike Poole
09-12-2016, 11:59 AM
This is the shot I felt the previous one should have been - a much more interesting leg position raises this several notches for me.

Mike