PDA

View Full Version : Italian Alps are calling loud

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi all .....
Due to the loss of my friend and BPN fellow , Andre Pretorius , i had to cancel the september trip i had planned with him and Gabriela . Normally i would have been in Botswana right now ..... with them .
As a result of being frustrated and filled with sadness about the situation ... i was not able to plan a different photographic journey ... so as a result i wanted to do something short and something i love to do .
So i got the idea of a motorcycling trip to Italy and the Alps ... short thinking ... i tried to get the motorbike on my Bakkie ...... it worked as you can see .
Tomorrow at 4 am i will start my adventure by driving roughly 900 km to my base hotel .... from there i will make day trips ... as it is lying in the centre of the alps .
So i will do a lot of pass roads up to 2500 m high .....
Hopefully i will have a lot of fun on the windy roads ..... weather forecast is brilliant !!!!
I might send some pics from the road .

Cheers Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
09-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Hi Andreas, I hope you are having a great time on your trip. Have fun!

Randy Stout
09-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Andreas:

Sadness, yet life goes on, and I like your strategy to make the most of it!

As I mentioned before, your Guzzi is lovely, with neat detailing.

Ride safe, and have a great time.

Randy

Andreas Liedmann
09-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks Randy and Daniel for your comments .... yes i am having fun riding in the Alps.
Great way of traveling with all the bends in the roads ..... weather was ok when i came here ... nice and warm .But that has changed ....rain and cold was here for about 2 days .
Today it was ok with clearing skies from noon onwards .Took some images with my GoPro .... hope you like them .
I crossed a pass at an altitude of 2200 m .... snow fell during the night and when i was there in the afternoon ... still 5 degrees , was a bit cold for motorbiking :bg3: but i very much enjoyed the ride and the gorgeous scenery in the Dolomites .
Cheers Andreas

Eric Dienesch
09-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Have a great time.. and dont drive too fast... lol

Steve Kaluski
09-23-2016, 11:12 AM
'Born to Run'... :w3

Randy Stout
04-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Andreas:

Looks like a great place. Perhaps this model Guzzi would not have been my first choice for gravel roads, perhaps a Multi Strada Duc, or GS BMW, but I bet you still had a lot of fun.

Its kinda like cameras, the best bike for the occasion is the one you have with you!

Cheers

Randy