PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Buck in velvet

John Mack
09-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Decided to test out a new lens on some deer.

Canon 5dMarkIII
Sigma 150-600 at 600mm
ISO 3200
F5.6
1/125sec

Rachel Hollander
09-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi John - Congrats on the new lens and welcome to the Wildlife Forum. Nice first post. You have good sharpness despite a low ss. The comp works for me. There's a blue cast and to a lesser extent a green cast on the buck. An easy fix if you are so inclined. What pp program are you using? It helps with the critique process if you give some description of what pp you've done and whether you've cropped.

It would be great for you to comment on other people's images. We recommend commenting on 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own in the forum (same with other forums too). It fosters a sense of community and lets everyone get to know one another and their photographic style. It's also the best way to get the most out of BPN.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-09-2016, 03:18 AM
Hi John -- Welcome to the wildlife forum and a nice image to start with . Agree with Rachel with what she has to say . I too find some greenish cast as well some blue cast which is quite evident . Also I feel had you opted to go for a vertical framing while capturing on field itself then composition wise it would have been more pleasing .

Hope to see you posting more and also providing your suggestions on others posts as well .

TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
09-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Hi John - I agree with the comments made already. Good sharpness and soft light. Note the colour casts yes.

I look forward to seeing your critique on the posts of others too?

Satish Ranadive
09-14-2016, 12:58 AM
Excellent portrait.

Regards,
Satish.