PDA

View Full Version : Adult Sanderling in Molt.

Daniel Cadieux
09-07-2016, 06:22 PM
From a few weeks ago, this was the first time I have ever photographed an adult Sanderling up here (and there were two of them together!). I only usually see the juvenile pass through during migration. Quite accommodating, and so was the light, but only for a brief moment before dark, heavy rain-soaked clouds moved in fast.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, almost FF (cropped a bit top and left), deepened the blue in ULC, and subtly darkened the very lowest part of the oof FG, darkened the pupil.

William Dickson
09-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Hey Dan, this bird really pops against the BG, even though the colours are similar. The touch of blue gives the image depth. Lovely HA and beautiful pose. Love the raised foot and sand on the bill. Excellent POV as usual.

Will

Eric Dienesch
09-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Hello,

smooth colours the sand is perfect habitate for this sanderling, a good distance, the head up and looking in your lens taken from a very good perspective:
i like your photo very much !!

Tim Foltz
09-08-2016, 02:47 AM
Daniel, I really like the DOF on this shot, sharp, nice light and catch light.
A bit of banding in some of the transitions in the BG but not to bad.

-Tim

Mike Poole
09-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Great running pose and I love all the detail on the beak.

I cold have lived without the foreground mush, but no deal breaker.

Mike

Luis Casals
09-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Great shot on this one, love the DOF, light and sharpness.

Satish Ranadive
09-09-2016, 09:33 AM
As usual gorgeous image, Daniel Sir.
Wonderful color scheme.Very nice pose with raised foot and superb HA. Beautiful composition.

Regards,
Satish.

gail bisson
09-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Beautiful light and POV. I see you are using your elbows again!:w3 Hope the elbow pads are on.
My only wish is for the bird to be a bit more parallel to the sensor,
Gail

Jonathan Ashton
09-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Great pose Dan and wonderful detail. I appreciate the low angle it makes for a good presentation, I have learned however that it is not always best to go as low as possible and especially with a long lens. What do you think had the lens been 6" higher - maybe less OOF in the foreground and although the right foot is clearly visible maybe a little of the left would have been. Just a thought.

Daniel Cadieux
09-09-2016, 04:03 PM
A few inches higher may have worked better in this particular undulating surface, but in general I love the ultra low angles:S3:.