PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Puffin

Geoffrey Montagu
09-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Another from Iceland this past July. Shortly after landing this Puffin was reluctant to take dinner to the nest, showing us where it's location was. For a bit it did some walking around and a few nice wing stretches. C&C welcome.

D4S, Nikon 500mm + 1.4 TC, 1/1250s, f 7.1, ISO1000, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Gimbal head.

Geoffrey

annmpacheco
09-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Hi Geoffrey, I like this image: exposure spot on, wing flap, fish, lichen on the rock and BG. I would suggest a bit more room to the left if you have it rather than the puffin front and center... Puffins always make me smile, as this image does as well!

William Dickson
09-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Very nice Geoffrey. I love the pose and you have nice details in the blacks and whites. The comp is ok with me, as the wings fill the left side of the frame. Nice perch, I would have wished for a better HA, but the sand eels more than make up for it. Nice one.

Will

Daniel Cadieux
09-08-2016, 10:51 AM
The wing flap is perfect, and the bill full of fish excellent. Very nice perch, too. I only wish you could have gotten lower (if possible) to place the BG transition line at the chest level rather than behind the face.

Luis Casals
09-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Beautiful shot. This is one species that is high on my wish list. In the meantime, I will enjoy them here. Thanks for sharing.

Satish Ranadive
09-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Excellent image. Very nice pose with raised wings and beak full of fishes.superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.

gail bisson
09-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Hi Geoffrey,
You managed to get a nice clean poop free perch (which is so hard to get from personal experience !!), lovely wing flap and clean BG.
I just wish you had been lower to get rid og BG horizon line that intersects the head.
Nice view of the feet and the eye looks perfect,
Gail

Bill Dix
09-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Great wing flap and good beak full of dinner for the youngsters. The layered bg doesn't kill it for me. Good subdued light. In a perfect world he would have given you a tiny head turn -- maybe 1.8725 degrees? :w3