PDA

View Full Version : eurasian golden plover

annmpacheco
09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Taken in Iceland this summer, this plover gave great views amidst the arctic vegetation and it was pleasing to me that this image had minimal obstruction. I also like the pose here, the golden fringed feathers are quite a sight to see! I burned the LRC rocks to blend with the other rocks in the frame.

1Dx
600mmII
ISO 1600
1/1600

Tim Foltz
09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Ann, nice image of a beautiful bird. Nice and low, sharp, nice environment.
It does have a slight magenta cast to it IMO.

-Tim

Bill Dix
09-07-2016, 08:17 AM
A beautiful capture of this handsome bird, shown in that wonderful Iceland habitat. I wouldn't have noticed the slight magenta cast, but can see it now that Tim has pointed it out. Just for fun I tried a layer of NIK Tonal Contrast, primarily on the bird, and liked the way it brought out that beautiful golden plumage. But maybe not the way you experienced it in the field.

Daniel Cadieux
09-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Beautiful image with great habitat. Perfect head turn. The composition is well balance. If mine I'd likely remove the pale oof vegetation in the BG, but all else looks A-1 to me.

William Dickson
09-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Love the colours on this one Ann. Lovely pose on the bird and beautiful colours throughout. Great POV

Will

Satish Ranadive
09-09-2016, 09:55 AM
excellent image in habitat. Beautiful look back pose and nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

gail bisson
09-09-2016, 11:07 AM
This is really nice Ann.
You have a perfect POV and head turn.
Great DOF throughout the bird and the whites look good.
I like the way the OOF grasses at the top of the frame "frame" the plover.
But I especially like the 2 little thistles in RLC,
Gail

Geoffrey Montagu
09-09-2016, 07:42 PM
A beauty, Ann. Both the bird and your capture. POV is excellent in this wonderful habitat. Like the soft overcast light.

Geoffrey