PDA

View Full Version : Greater Flamingo

Dumay de Boulle
09-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Shot at the Marievale Bird sanctuary in Nigel South Africa....Amazing spot, spent 4 hours there and counted 82 species.

Glad to be posting again:bg3:

Canon 7D MKII
Sigma 150-600 Sport @ 481mm
ISO 400
TV 1/2000
AV f8

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 and Aperture

Arthur Morris
09-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Exposure, SH, and basic framing all good. The droplets are great. I would take a sliver off the bottom to lose the pink reflection on the frame edge under the three black bars...

a

Isaac Grant
09-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I agree with all that Artie said. Shot is sharp and well exposed. I went to Marievale many years ago as my last stop before I drove back into Johannesburg. Lovely place. This photo brings back fond memories of all of the flamingos we saw that day.

Stu Bowie
09-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi Mate, good to see you posting again, and interesting set up you are shooting with. Love the falling droplets from raising his head after feeding, and overall, well exposed on the plumage.

Was this from the Hadeda hide, and how many others were squeezed in that tiny hide? I havent been to Marievale in ages for that exact reason. :w3

Dumay de Boulle
09-07-2016, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the comments guys...Artie its funny you mentioned the dark bits. It was my initial thought too. My PS has stopped working so I don't have any software to redo and repost.
Thanks Stu...It was Haneda hide...During the week. Nice and quiet! BTW only gear I can afford!