PDA

View Full Version : Male Northern Harrier

James Salywoda
09-04-2016, 01:05 AM
This was a shot taken awhile back and posted in 2010 that I thought I would post again. These Male Harriers are not seen as often as the Female Harriers thats why they have been given the title as the "Grey Ghost":S3: I was totally happy with this image when I captured it.

Thanks For Looking,

Jim

Eric Dienesch
09-04-2016, 02:16 AM
Hello and yes, i would be also happy, if it had been my picture .
Very powerfull colours and so near, very soft background and for me is the highlight here are the bright eye and that the bird is looking to you.

Jonathan Ashton
09-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Super shot excellent focus and details.....any EXIF Data?

Dumay de Boulle
09-04-2016, 10:16 AM
WOW...Thats amazing. Great light and cracking BG. Just enough of a head turn towards the camera. Love your work!

David Salem
09-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Nice to see you posting again James!
We shoot lots of Harriers in my area and as you mentioned, the males are few and far between, so getting a close clean shot of one is definitely an achievement. This one looks great and I like the detailed topside view. Even though he is not looking at us, we still get a good look at the yellow as he scans the ground looking for prey. Great looking BG too.
Well done and look forward to more.

Tim Foltz
09-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Jim, nice looking Ghost, sweet BG and details in the wings.
I haven't seen you in awhile my friend.

-Tim

Arthur Morris
09-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Worth seeing again. The upper wing detail is beyond stunning. Wish only for a bit more room in front. Gear and exposure data please :)

a

Bill Dix
09-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Welcome back, James. I can see why it's a favorite. Lovely flight shot of a tough-to-photograph bird. Killer BG.