PDA

View Full Version : Coral Cove Arch #2

Don Lacy
09-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Still waiting to get the an image of this little arch when all the elements come together, here I have a nice sky but the tide is to low and I was not able to capture any water creating patterns and adding a sense of movement to the image.
Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4 at 16mm, manual Mode, evaluative metered, this is a three image blend with a foreground exposure and two exposures for the sky.

Don Railton
09-04-2016, 04:44 AM
Hi Don.. When you do get this right its going to be a stunner, as it is its only awesome.. I love the gap in the cloud reflecting the gap in the FG rocks.. as for the niggles, well the horizon is not level, I think the blue in the sky ULC and reflection in water is a bit strong, and I wonder if the clouds on the horizon could take a little more contrast, but like I said just being picky picky..

regards

DON

Don Lacy
09-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Hi Don.. When you do get this right its going to be a stunner, as it is its only awesome.. I love the gap in the cloud reflecting the gap in the FG rocks.. as for the niggles, well the horizon is not level, I think the blue in the sky ULC and reflection in water is a bit strong, and I wonder if the clouds on the horizon could take a little more contrast, but like I said just being picky picky..

regards

DON
Its embarrassing how often you catch me with tilted horizons :e3

Adhika Lie
09-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Beautiful, Don! I agree that the blue might be a little overdone but composition wise, this is terrific. I love the juxtaposition between the cloud and the arch!

Andrew McLachlan
09-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Another great image Don....I know what you mean about catching it at the right moment when everything come together...you'll just have to keep returning and photographing and sharing the great results with us time and time again :S3:

Luis Patacao
09-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Great image appart from the mentioned details which i agree. Have you tried this in vertical Don? It looks as it could turn out very good.

stuart wanuck
09-11-2016, 11:45 AM
still very well done image

Morkel Erasmus
09-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Gorgeous colours and composition here, regardless of water level :5
Very nicely processed to boot...
Keep going back and you will nail that photo that you see in your mind's eye, Don.
Horizon already mentioned.

steve torna
09-28-2016, 11:05 PM
I agree with Don Railton's critique and as you indicated, a slow shutter speed at high tide with water washing over the rocks or the tide captured on it's way back out over the rocks would elevate the image tremendously. steve