PDA

View Full Version : One of My Resident Brown Thrshers

Richard Smith
09-02-2016, 08:56 PM
A Brown thrasher family lives in my yard. They are quite bold and love to pose for me. This one is posed on my fence with a mouth full.

Tamron 70-300 VC @ 300mm. 1/1600 @ f8. ISO 800

Isaac Grant
09-03-2016, 10:04 PM
If I am being fair and giving an honest critique, this image does not work for many reasons. The face of the bird is not sharp. The image bird is very tight in the frame and should have more room above and to the left. I do not like the fence as a perch (although others may not have a problem with man made objects in the shot). The background is distracting with all of those bright circles.

In addition you have not listed the camera that you used or any processing steps.

arash_hazeghi
09-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Hi Richard, welcome to the avian critique forum!

I like how you got him with the small green food item and a relatively good HA. The man-made perch isn't ideal, If you can, try to setup a nice perch against a better BG without the bright gaps that are a bit distracting.

The bird does look soft to my eye as well and could use more sharpening, was the RAW sharp? It's also a bit too large in there frame with the tail almost hitting the LRC

TFS and welcome again

Tim Foltz
09-04-2016, 12:25 AM
Richard, I like the colors, caterpillar and head angle, as others have stated it is a bit soft, crowded in the frame and also man-made objects.
Look forward to seeing more from you, don't worry everyone gets critiqued on this forum.

-Tim

Eric Dienesch
09-04-2016, 03:01 AM
I agree with Isaac and for me it has to much saturation too

Arthur Morris
09-04-2016, 04:01 PM
EXP is good. Ditto all of the above. The sharpest focus and almost surely the active AF point is on the wing, well on this side of the plane of the eye.... You need to learn to use AF to get the face and eye sharp.

a