PDA

View Full Version : Marsh Wren

Geoffrey Montagu
09-02-2016, 02:45 PM
I captured this image last month in Brigantine, NJ at early sunrise. Spotted him as we drove slowly next to the channel. We thought the reeds at roads edge and tall grasses would and on occasion obstruct our view, but in this instance made for a close perch. I thought he would land on my lens, after getting out of the car, but luckily perched just far enough to obtain focus. I would have liked a vertical crop, no more room at top or bottom. I kind of like the resulting crop. C&C welcome.

D4S, Nikon 500mm + 1.4 TC, 1/1250s, f 6.3, ISO 1250, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Gimbal head.

Geoffrey

arash_hazeghi
09-03-2016, 10:12 PM
I like the pose and how he is hanging to the weed with his delicate feet, but the various BG/FG elements that have intersected with the bird are distracting, especially the leaf blocking the tail. The image has a slight green color cast too and looks like the sharpest focus fell on the chest.

TFS

Geoffrey Montagu
09-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks Arash. There were quite a few leaves in the BG/FG and he kept jumping rapidly from stem to stem. Though I like the original minus the green cast, I was able to find another frame with him a bit more in the clear, but still had to remove some of the leaves.

Geoffrey

Daniel Cadieux
09-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Arash pointed out the main issues. I love the rich quality to the light. The repost is cleaner, but I prefer the pose of the first. These guys can be tough due to their fidgety nature, and type of habitat they prefer!

Arthur Morris
09-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Both are very nice. Yes to the greenish/yellowish cast to the first image. I think that you did a great job with that one getting a halfway decent angle into the bird and a good look at the face.

a

Bill Dix
09-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Sweet light on this little guy. You worked yourself into a great vantage point and waited until you could get him (almost) in the clear, but the tail is a bit of a bummer. I prefer the OP.

dankearl
09-05-2016, 09:08 AM
I like the first one, the leaf does not bother me, a very nice habitat pose.

Geoffrey Montagu
09-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone.

Geoffrey