PDA

View Full Version : arctic skua in Iceland

annmpacheco
09-01-2016, 02:07 PM
One evening we came upon a pair which i believe were guarding their nest. They were a dark morph and a light morph pair. At one point there was a swift chase as they bombed a red-throated loon who skedaddled out of "dodge."

1Dx
600mmII
1.4tc

ISO 1000
f6.3
1/2500

Isaac Grant
09-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Beautiful dark morph Jaeger!!! Man I'd love to get up close to one of those. I really like the banking pose. The light is beautiful and I am a big fan of a blue sky background. Only wish the top wing was just slightly more raised so you could have avoided the shadow. What a treat to see such a great shot of one of these birds. I do lots of sea watches from the beaches in New York City. Have seen dark morph birds a few times but always very quickly and through my scope. This makes me want to go to Iceland.

David Salem
09-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Perfectly exposed and I like the solid eye contact. A little shadow but not to bad. Well captured Ann. I will talk to you soon.

gail bisson
09-02-2016, 04:50 AM
What an evening we had with these amazing birds!
Nice and sharp. Love the slight head turn.
My only wish would be for a fully extended upper wing.
Great catchlight.
Well done!
Gail

Bill Dix
09-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Great light and good sharpness. Nice ventral view with good HA; only lacks a full wing extension.

Geoffrey Montagu
09-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Beautiful capture, Ann. Wonderful detail and light. Nice to see the clarity of this birds interesting feather design.

Geoffrey

Arthur Morris
09-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Sharp with a good exposure and nice light but for me, the near wing position and the shadow spoil it.

a