Dumay de Boulle
09-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Canon 5D MKIII
Sigma 120-300 f2.8 OS @300mm
AV f4
TV 1/800
ISO 400
Processed in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5

Hi Everyone....So nice to be back. I am hoping to get back into my photography and being a participant on BPN again.

BTW my first attempt at the new PS programme so still getting used to it. Hope to get the hang of it soon.

Steve Kaluski
09-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Hi Dumay, glad to have you back and although you may feel a tad rusty, a cool opening shot.

Good PoV and I like the relaxed pose and head to camera, great looking cat. Good detail for f/4, however I still think you are limiting yourself, but you handle f/4 nicely :S3:. Personally I think there is more scope in the White point, it just lifts the image, although to me the image portrays a slightly overcast day??? Nothing you could do, but I just wished that darker area in the middle RHS was less pronounced and more in keeping with the LHS which works very nicely. Again you know I will say it, slight blue cast in the tail, just adjusting that provides a cleaner look IMHO. I might suggest cloning the green foliage creeping in at the foot, RHS.
You certainly haven't lost your touch Dumay and look forward to seeing more from you in the coming weeks & months. :cheers:

Hope what I sent through helps, but the new version is far better than the previous PS, so take your time with LR & PS, hover the basics have not really changed, just better refinements within the Modules.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
09-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Hi Dumay - It's great to see you picking up the camera and participating in BPN. You have been missed around here. Lovely image of a relaxed leopard. I like the pano crop with the curled tail in the fg. I'm sure you will pick up the pp quickly. I'm also seeing the slight blue cast and would reduce it if it were mine. I might also darken the bg sand just a bit so that it doesn't draw the eye.

Looking forward to more of your images.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-01-2016, 11:41 PM
Hi Dumay -- So glad to have you back ! And what a lovely opening Shot ! I agree with the above comments . I liked the look on its face and the curled tail is an add on . Nicely framed as well .

TFS !

keith mitchell
09-02-2016, 02:34 AM
Beautifully relaxed Cat with just enough vegetation to give it a natural look but not obscure any of the animal,think the curled up tail just adds the finishing touch.

Keith.

Marc Mol
09-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Very nice use of framing, POV & pose here Dumay, with that curled tail telling us all about a leopard. Slight blue cast in the tail is an easy fix.

TFS

Morkel Erasmus
09-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Good to see you "back in the game" Dumay.
Quality post, well framed with soft tones. I might try and tone down BG highlights?
Looking forward to more of your images and participation!

Dumay de Boulle
09-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Thanks to all for posting...I just have to say that what I liked about the image was the BG lighter. That was the part in the sunshine but she was lying in the shade of a Matumi tree....I suppose its all about personal taste.