Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Hand held Canon EOS-1D X
Canon 100-400L IS II & 1.4TC III
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/800
Av (Aperture Value) 8.0
Exposure Compensation + 1
Auto ISO Speed 400

These birds roost at some rocks by a disused swimming pool at high tide, by approaching carefully I got within about 20 feet of them. The biggest problem is trying to isolate them against a pleasant background.
All C&C welcome.

Jake Levin
09-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Love the blue background and that little bit of green mossy rock he's standing on. As far as your "biggest challenge", I think you nailed it! You can also see the eye well, even though it's not in direct light. Only thing is the angle of the bird relative to the camera, but you might not have been able to do anything about that.

gail bisson
09-02-2016, 04:57 AM
This is lovely!
Love the swirly blue water but I especially like the little green perch.The little wayward feather on the "bum" area is a nice element.
Nice preening pose and I like the IQ and the POV.
I see a little dust bunny to the left of birds forehead in the white part of the water swirl. easy fix.
Gail

Bill Dix
09-02-2016, 11:16 AM
A handsome pose, and I like the green island and the swirls in the foreground water. To my eye, it might benefit from just a touch of black added.

keith mitchell
09-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Jon i like the preening pose you have caught giving a nice relaxed look,colour and detail look spot on.

Keith.

Dumay de Boulle
09-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Lovely details and exceptional perch for the environment. Nice preening pose with clean surroundings...Nice image!

Arthur Morris
09-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Very nice job with one of my favorite backgrounds. I'd lose the bit of whitewash on the rock and the few specular highlights there as well. I'd love to see a straight portrait of this bird on the same lovely seaweed draped perch with a decent head angle. All in all, well done.

a