PDA

View Full Version : Southern Carmine Bee Eaters

Rachel Hollander
09-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I just returned from a 3 week trip to South Africa and Zambia. I photographed a few more birds than I normally do. I photographed these Southern Carmine Bee Eaters on my last game drive on the way to the airport in South Luangwa N.P. in Zambia. They were just beginning to return to South Luangwa.

Canon 7D2
100-400 II @ 286mm
1/800
f8
ISO 400
HH from safari vehicle, ff, levels, curves, selective sharpening in CCPS.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Lovely DOF both sharp, the colours are really eye catching. I rather like the background too.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Hi Rachel. Love the colours on those birds, nice techs and comp. Look forward to more bird images from you.

Tim Foltz
09-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Rachel, nice sharp image with nice colors and subject matter, nice comp also.

-Tim

gail bisson
09-02-2016, 04:37 AM
Hi Rachel,
I hope you had a great trip!
I like the placement of the birds in the frame. It is nice to see the front of one bird and the back of the other bird.
Good IQ with a nice BG.
I would have loved for the birds to be solidly in the green part of the BG.
Gail

Stu Bowie
09-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Hi Rachel, glad you are back safe and sound. Carmine Bee eaters have really striking colours, and you have exposed their colours perfectly. Good DOF, and I like that you have captured them on a fairly thin perch. Im fine with the BG as is.

It was great catching up with you again, and hope the rest of your trip was great.

Rachel Hollander
09-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. They are much appreciated.

Stu - It was great catching up with you too. I hope the internet cables are sorted quickly.

Thanks again,
Rachel

keith mitchell
09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Rachel I nearly missed this one,I like the alert pose and both birds looking in the same direction,colours and the IQ looks great to me,sounds like an excellent end to your trip.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
09-04-2016, 03:44 PM
This is beautiful, Rachel:)

Welcome back my friend:5

Love the colours, BG, sharpness, IQ, nice DOF...I especially like the space you allowed for the subjects to look into (super comp!).

I look forward to more images from this trip, it must have been awesome:)

Warmest regards,