PDA

View Full Version : Waterbucks

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-30-2016, 02:45 PM
Waterbucks at Selous, TZ. The light was lovely and the bucks were pretty alert as we approached along the river bank.
1/400
f/8
ISO 400
7D II
500 II

Steve Kaluski
08-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Hi Sanjeev, nice warm light and good to see a different subject again. I still think ISO800 easily for more SS, I just feel you are too conservative when you can afford to go higher. The tree trunk in the BKG is a bit of a bummer, but nothing you could have done, cloning it I think would have created more issues.

TFS
Steve

Stuart Philpott
08-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Sanjeev thanks for sharing this not a beast i'm familiar with at all,just lovely to see. I love their coats and that marking on the rump. Very interesting for me personally to view as they remind me of my fallow,one can see how alert they are which I really like in your capture. Steve's comments have made me ponder different angles because of that tree trunk, initially I mused moving left or right,but now it also has struck me could you have captured something at a slightly lower angle to reveal more of the reflections.
Sanjeev again I must show my gratitude for you sharing these waterbuck not only is it a lovely image,but you have really made me think aswell

take care

Stu

Ps Sanjeev would this work as a plano (I hope that is right a wide crop not much height) literally the top being the farmost bank??? So the waterbuck are surrounded by water, i've just moved the page upwards and I actually really like how that crop works,very simplistic Sanjeev but it appeals to my eye

keith mitchell
09-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Hi Sanjeev,I like the alert pose and different head angles of these Water buck.Did have a look at Stu's idea regarding the crop either leaving a bit of the far bank or removing it altogether which looks good to me. Nice group of animals well caught.

Keith.

Morkel Erasmus
09-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Nice light and scene here Sanjeev. I echo Steve, you can work from a base of ISO-800, notably no difference these days between 400 and 800 in terms of quality and you can gain SS.
I didn't even notice the stump in the BG - different strokes eh, but you could burn the highlights on it slightly to diminish it if you so wish.

Basil Dardagan
09-01-2016, 07:05 AM
The light and overall feel to this image are my highlights. Must say I dident notice the stump

Rachel Hollander
09-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice look at the waterbucks with beautiful light. I also didn't notice the tree until it was pointed out. That being said if it were mine I might consider darkening the whole bg a couple of points.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- Only i can echo the above . I appreciate the way you give such simple images the importance it deserves and keep on sharing with us such beauties . A very simple frame but has lovely feel to it .

TFS !