PDA

View Full Version : December Morning #2

Don Lacy
08-26-2016, 08:42 PM
I recently had this image honored at a juried art show https://500px.com/photo/133820465/december-morning-by-don-lacy?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=170918
This image was taken on the same morning looking to the opposite end of the beach. I ended up with this crop after I had processed the images and noticed that an area of the sky had blown out without me noticing it and since I had already spent hours working on it I got lazy and cropped the image into a pano and liked it so i went with it.

Canon 6D Two images blended in PS using luminosity mask.

Don Railton
08-30-2016, 11:11 PM
Hi Don

I have been looking for this image on 500PX to compare but cannot find it.. There is something strange going on lower LH corner with the sand. Its making my eyes go funny...

DON

Adhika Lie
08-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Very interesting shot. Looks very gloomy but I haven't seen clouds for months now in Southern California. The color on the rock compliments the magenta and the blue. But I think what makes the image for me is the rock formation there. Good choice on crop, too.

What's the focal length here, Don?

Bill Dix
08-31-2016, 02:57 PM
There's a lovely mood to this, with beautiful colors and a pleasing composition. I also wondered about the interesting texture to the sand in the LLC.

Andrew McLachlan
08-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Great pano crop here Don...works wonderfully for me...the arrangements of the rocks and the texture of the beach really grab my attention...very nicely done!!!