PDA

View Full Version : Boat in a Bubble

Bob Miller
08-21-2016, 05:39 PM
I created this in my PS sandbox. I first photographed some very large bubbles ( Big Bubble Mix) against a dark shadowed part of the yard while playing with my grandson. I'm not sure, since I was just playing around in PS, but I believe I then blended a stock photo of the boat scene with the screen blend mode into the dark tones of the bubble and shadowed part of the yard.

Nikon D-500
1/800 sec at f11
ISO 400

Mitch Carucci
08-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Fun image! I like the "etched glass" look of the ship. Was the colorful foreground natural to the bubble, or did you add it?

Cheryl Slechta
08-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Hi, Bob, this is a very creative image and it's well executed. I think I would prefer to have the lower background dark like the top - it would give it the "pirate ship sailing through the sky" look. But maybe it's sailed through the sky and is now landing in the grass:S3: I like the iridescence of the bubble and the "stars" surrounding the ship (which gave me the idea of having the whole background dark).

Bob Miller
08-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Mitch...the colors were all naturally in the bubble.

Hazel Grant
08-25-2016, 05:34 PM
A creative take on the old "ship in the bottle" idea. Glad the ship is all one color so it can stand out against the beautiful colors of the bubble.

Anita Bower
08-28-2016, 07:34 AM
I like it! The creativity and the title are impressive. The colors in the bubble are lovely. The white ship looks just right. I like that it is at an angle and in water. Excellent work. I wish the bg were a bit more even--that is, without the grass. Maybe blurring or otherwise changing it to look less like grass so it fits with the magical feel of the image. This image makes me smile.

Bob Miller
08-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Here is a repost of the Boat in the Bubble. What do you think?

Hubble Deep Field stock image blended with the screen mode and then masked

Anita Bower
08-29-2016, 04:23 AM
The second version is fantastic!!!! Good choice. There is a black blob in the waves in front of the boat that is a bit distracting. Excellent work!!!

Cheryl Slechta
08-30-2016, 03:09 PM
Perfecto, Bob! I see the black blob Anita is referring to but it doesn't bother me (maybe it's a black hole in the ship's universe:S3:)