PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sail

Mitch Carucci
08-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Remask, flood, Impression.

Bob Miller
08-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Mitch...Everything works for me in this image! I like the way the light is creating mood and I enjoy the details in the scene that keep me looking! Nice work!

Cheryl Slechta
08-23-2016, 07:19 PM
A great summer scene, Mitch. Well done!:S3:

Anita Bower
08-28-2016, 07:31 AM
You have some beautiful skies in your photos, and this is no exception. The backlighting of the sail allows its details to show--very nice. I'm not sure about the sun on the woman relative to the position of the sun in the sky. I see a bird in the sky, and near it a black dot, which might be a bird, but looks like dirt. Might remove it.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Mitch,

Greetings. The composition is effective in popping out the boat with contrast and radial lines in the light and clouds. I particularly like the detail in the sails.

Can you say a word or two about flood (tools and technique)? I'd be interested to hear about it.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Mitch Carucci
09-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Michael,
I find Flood fun. I like to photograph water scenes, but sometimes Flood gives me better looking water than the actual pic and I find myself replacing the "real" water with the "flood" computer water.
Recently, they upgraded Flood to version 2. It is a mixed blessing. You can create much more realistic water, but it is VERY slow. They do have a simple setting that is somewhat faster. You can also use flood to create reflections. In that case I use a separate layer so I can fade it out to look more realistic.

Try it, they have a free trial. They have other plugins, but they don't really suit me. Flaming Pear software at:

http://www.flamingpear.com/flood-2.html