PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Male Kestrel

arash_hazeghi
08-19-2016, 12:30 AM
I got this image early this month at a local park, there were two juvenile male kestrels on this tree with active and friendly. Unfortunately the wind was so strong I couldn't get any flight shots but I was lucky to snap this frame. Even perched shots were tough with the brutal wind and a long lens!

1DX II 600II + 1.4X III. ISO 500. f/5.6 at 1/3200sec. hand held.processed with DPP 4.4. Hope you like it

Tim Foltz
08-19-2016, 02:02 AM
Nice shot Arash, sharp, sweet color bands in the BG, I would clone out the cobweb on the perch though.

-Tim

Arthur Morris
08-19-2016, 04:59 AM
You did well in the tough conditions with the harsh light. The shadow on the back wrecks it for me :(

a

Jonathan Ashton
08-19-2016, 09:10 AM
Tricky light but you appear to have detail in all aspects of the plumage, I like the pose and I am fine with the cobweb. The shadow behind the head on the neck/back doesn't improve things but I can live with it! Lovely shot.

William Dickson
08-19-2016, 04:18 PM
I really like this one, the detail is tremendous. Really love the pose and another vote for leaving the web. Great crop and BG.

Will

keith mitchell
08-20-2016, 01:28 AM
Beautiful detail on this smashing little Falcon,great calling pose ,another vote for the cobweb.

Keith.

gail bisson
08-20-2016, 06:01 AM
I like this and I love the BG and the layered colors.
Good IQ.Whites look great.
I am OK with the cobweb but could see a version without it.
I like the pose with nice head turn and body parallel to the sensor. I do not mind the shadow,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
08-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Lots of differing opinions, which is great! I normally like cobweb but I must admit I'd be tempted to remove it here. Pretty cool subject and sweet BG. You did best you could with the hard light. Strong winds can be brutal with long lenses! It is sometimes tempting to remove the large lens hoods when those conditions hit!

David Salem
08-24-2016, 06:48 PM
How cool that you got this guy sitting on a nice perch and with a killer BG. I like the pose and details too.
The shadow is a negative but I'm sure you didn't have an option. Nice work getting close to this guy.

David Salem
08-24-2016, 07:00 PM
How cool that you got this guy sitting on a nice perch and with a killer BG. I like the pose and details too.
The shadow is a negative but I'm sure you didn't have an option. Nice work getting close to this guy.