PDA

View Full Version : His Majesty's Manicure

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-16-2016, 12:50 PM
A male lion at Ruaha NP, TZ taking care of his paws.
1/640
f/6.3
iso 800
7D II
100-400 II @ 278mm

haseeb badar
08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- Nice timing and a majestic Lion ! Like the details and look sharp to me ! Not an ideal background though . I would like to have some more space at the bottom looks quite tight in their .

TFS !

Marc Mol
08-19-2016, 07:40 AM
A typical grooming pose here by the king, nicely seen Sanjeev, shame about the busy BG and agree on a tad more lower room.

Where exactly did you stay in Ruaha, it's one of my fav locations and return here come late OCT :w3

TFS

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Hi Marc. I stayed at he Mwagusi camp. Yes, I loved Ruaha too. Phenomenal variety of wildlife and birds! Where will you be staying?

Marc Mol
08-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Hi Marc. I stayed at he Mwagusi camp. Yes, I loved Ruaha too. Phenomenal variety of wildlife and birds! Where will you be staying?

I have 20 nights booked @ my favourite camp, Kwihala.

Rachel Hollander
08-21-2016, 07:37 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice grooming pose. Those paws are huge! The square comp works but I too wish for more room below.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
08-21-2016, 07:56 AM
A big boy! Can't add more to what's already been said.

Gabriela Plesea
08-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Dear Sanjeev,

I spent some time looking at this frame - I like it. Colours spot-on, grooming pose from subject is great, quite unusual, and I also the raised paw. Superb mane and I love the way light falls on it, it shines in places:)

I shall not complain about the BG, I really think there was little you could do about it under the circumstances. Any less DOF and that paw would be out, I just think you keep taking a chance with SS ever so often:) I did look at the EXIF and @ 278 mm what you did is not a big sin, I personally like to play it safe:)

Framing works despite some tightness at the bottom. My eyes are drawn to this lion's battle scars and half closed eyes, what a magnificent creature he is!

Thank you for sharing, I did enjoy viewing although a bit of sadness came over me, your image reminded me of my Kalahari lions whom I won't be able to see for some time.

Kind regards,