PDA

View Full Version : Theme: White Wood Mystery

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Greetings. The trees in Yellowstone don't decay in the same way that they do in the forests around where I live. I was told that Yellowstone has a dearth of beetles so wood takes a lot longer to decay. Around the hot springs some of the dead trees take on a bleached white appearance. I applied flips, merges and polar coordinates for this "mystery". Added frame with blended tree texture.

Flip, overlay blend, duplicate mirror, scale to square and polar coordinates. Various toning and saturation adjustments. Detailing. Color Fills for framing, scaled original tree flip blended at reduce opacity.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Bob Miller
08-16-2016, 01:49 PM
Hi Mike! This image is pretty amazing! Lots of depth and interest! Have you considered offsetting the disc of trees from the frame with some space....as just another variation

Hazel Grant
08-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Yes, agree with Mike....amazing. but also one of my first thoughts is that the frame is tight on the image. Thanks for the explanation, too. Makes a visual story work together

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Bob, Hazel,

Thanks much for your comments. They are much appreciated. Yeah, I agree with adding some space. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
08-19-2016, 02:38 PM
I agree with the above comments. Would like to see image you started with. This complex image would fit the theme even without the added frame as it seems to frame itself. The dark colors allow the "branches" to stand out. I like that I can tell that some of them are, indeed, branches. I also like that although it is a circle, not all the branches are circular, that the bottom half and the top half are different.

Cheryl Slechta
08-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Sorry I'm late, Michael. I saw the original image first which makes me appreciate this one even more. The tree trunks look like ivory tusks to me and I love the half moon in the center.:S3: