PDA

View Full Version : American Oystercatcher

Isaac Grant
08-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Been having lots of luck with Oystercatchers lately. This bird was one of a pair of birds that were hanging out at Wolfe's Pond Park in Staten Island. Taken shortly before sun down. I have many shots of this bird. Some showing more of the colorful rocks and some where they are completely submerged. I picked this one as there was no wave cutting across his face and also because of the cool way the wave in the background is framing the bird.

Canon 7dii and Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4xiii. F9, ISO 400, SS 1/1600. Tripod mounted while lying on ground.

Converted in DPP 4. Auto White Balance. In PS I adjusted highlights and shadows, contrast and hue/saturation. Also applied noise reduction to background and sharpened. Full frame.

William Dickson
08-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Very nice Issac. I like the 'flow' of the BG coming towards us, then becoming the FG. Details on the bird look real good with the sun setting. Very nice HA and POV. Well done.

Will

dankearl
08-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Very nice enviro photo. The wave behind is nice as is the arcing wave behind.
Bird is well exposed.

Bill Dix
08-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Nice light, good pose; and I also like the wave framing the bird. Well done.

Jonathan Ashton
08-19-2016, 08:49 AM
Lovely composition, obviously the feet are missing but that is what would be expected so in this case it is not an issue, lovely pose and wonderful detail - well done.