PDA

View Full Version : Theme Dark Future !

haseeb badar
08-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone !

Sorry for not posting frequently , loaded with too much work but can't stay away from BPN !

Here is an image from my trip to Masai Mara last Nov, a pair of sub adult brothers were strolling in the grasslands and were coming against the light so i tried to capture the silhouettes and converted it to B&W. Thought it would be appropriate for this months theme.

DPP4, CS6, Levels, BW , removed a vehicle from the horizon , slight sharpening .

ss 1/8000 , f/10,iso 1250 .

ALL your C&C's are most welcome.

Marc Mol
08-16-2016, 02:02 PM
I appreciate the effort with the silhouette tonal theme attempt Haseeb but can't help but think this really needs some shadow detail on both faces here.

TFS

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-16-2016, 10:27 PM
Hi Haseeb, sadly this isn't grabbing me, wish the lions were parallel so we could see the silhouette of the body rather than a head on.

Morkel Erasmus
08-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Agree with Marc here, Haseeb.
You could still get the darker silhouetted feel, while retaining more shadow detail and punching rim highlights some more...

Steve Kaluski
08-19-2016, 06:21 AM
Hi Haseeb, can only echo the valuable comments made in relation to the Shadows. Look to using laters & Masks to achieve things.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
08-21-2016, 07:47 AM
Hi Haseeb - an interesting experiment but I agree with the others. It would also be interesting for you to process it again with more shadow detail and brighter highlights for comparison.

TFS,
Rachel