06-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Canon 20D Canon 100mm macro lens Canon 550EX -1 stop Stofen Omnibounce
ISO 200
1/125 @ f11
Thanks for looking,
Jon

Julie Kenward
06-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Nice job! Look at the detail of the little hairs on his head! Now that's some striking detail there!

Stephen Stephen
06-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Jon great DOF on this blue tail. I night have wished for a bit more space on the top and left but I'd still like to have this in my collection.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
06-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Jon great DOF on this blue tail. I night have wished for a bit more space on the top and left but I'd still like to have this in my collection.

You may well be right Stephen, I cropped it fairly tightly because some of my previous shots were critisised for not being cropped enough!
Jon

Mike Moats
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey Jon, excellent details through out the head and body while maintaining the nice blurred BG. As far as crops go its all just personal taste, I tend t like tight cropped images so for me I think you did well, and if it were mine I might even cropped tighter on the right side, but again just personal taste.

John Cooper
06-13-2008, 10:17 PM
A nice capture of this pretty damsel Jon, Fine detail and well composed and with a very pleasing BG!!

Gus Cobos
06-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Fantastic details and vibrant colors with a pleasing background...:cool:

Robert O'Toole
06-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi Jon,

The sharpness and the use of flash is great really, it looks like an ambient light image! BG is nice also.

A couple of things that would make the image stronger;

Less room behind the subject, more in front.
the image looks dark overall, take a look at the cal bar at the bottom of the page.
Also you can see the back of the D-fly's head, this gives you the impression that the subject is looking away, I would have moved one step to the left to make the Dlfy parallel.

Robert