PDA

View Full Version : Venice Reflections - Abstractions

Cheryl Slechta
08-10-2016, 03:01 PM
This reflection was taken on my first trip to Venice last year. Most of my canal reflections were from the island of Burano but this was taken in Venice on one of the side canals. I waited until a boat had gone past to create an abstract. I particularly like the "masks" at the top of the image - they are evocative of Carnivale to me. I used lots of radial tool adjustments in LR to create the lighting, saturation, tonalities etc. that I wanted. I'm going to print this and finish it with encaustic wax - it works well with underwater images.

Thanks for looking:S3:

Anita Bower
08-10-2016, 03:42 PM
I love the colors and shapes in this image. Excellent. I turned it upside down, and I like it that way also. I think it will make an excellent print. I haven't seen a photo with encaustic wax treatment. Do you have photos of what they look like?

Mitch Carucci
08-11-2016, 02:51 PM
A complex image, that is a bit of a rorschach test. I keep seeing all the eyes and faces! :c3:

Bob Miller
08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Cheryl ....I like the idea of waiting for a boat to pass and create the cool abstract. Love it! TFS

Hazel Grant
08-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Ditto the above comments. Good catch.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Cheryl,

Greetings. Very cool. Much to see and look at. I really like the water reflection distortion. The lower left 2/3rds could stand on its own (not to say it needs to). I'd like to hear about encaustic wax. Good show!

Cheers,

-Micahel-