PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Portrait

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-10-2016, 01:50 PM
An African Buffalo at Ruaha NP, TZ. The light was really nice & I had a clean BG so went for a head shot.
5D III
700mm
1/1600
f/7.1
ISO 800

D. Robert Franz
08-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Nice tight portrait in some pretty nice light. A few OOF FG grasses are a bit of a problem. You might try shooting this in the vertical getting legs in the image fully and cutting of the buffalo just behind the shoulder.

haseeb badar
08-11-2016, 04:09 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Lovely portrait and some very nice light ! Looks sharp and full of details . Agree with FG grass blades especially the one which is OOF , it is quite an eye catching element. But overall very nicely done .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
08-11-2016, 04:43 AM
Hi Sanjeev, a nice rich image with a cool backdrop, but there are, as mentioned, a few issues relating to the grasses sadly, but nothing you could have done, although are there any frames further on perhaps? I just wonder if there is any more detail you can get from the larger area of the horn? Techs look better on this one :S3:.

TFS
Steve

Steve Kaluski
08-11-2016, 05:11 AM
Sanjeev, I think if you have the time and on reflection, I do feel it's worth revisiting the original file. The majority of grasses are fairly easy to remove, likewise I do think you can get more from the horn with the raw. I did loose some from the LHS without any IQ loss, but you call. Hope this helps, but if you have the latest PS the cloning isn't that challenging, trust me.

Mike Poole
08-12-2016, 06:19 AM
Good choice of framing with the sun angle, and the Buffalo heading towards the light. I agree regarding the stray grasses, and Steves RP works well,

Mike

Bob Miller
08-13-2016, 11:36 AM
I think the repost works well! Cloning is easy and takes the image to another level. Also, if you haven't already look into the patch tool in pS