PDA

View Full Version : puffin pair

annmpacheco
08-09-2016, 10:21 PM
This puffin pair kept a watchful eye on their burrow as they mingled atop this rock. I brightened the eyes, cloned in small rock area in LRC. Any thoughts about softening the horizon line that seems so prominent?

1Dx
600mm
ISO 800
f8
1/1600

Bill Dix
08-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Sweet pose by both birds, and both are nice and sharp. The eyes may now be just a tiny bit too bright, and there's a sharpening halo at the back of the LH bird. I don't mind the oof background; the horizon line falls at a relatively convenient place. But a heavy dose of NR, or a light blur, could take it down a notch if you wanted.

Ritesh Nangare
08-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Brilliant shot , awesome BG love the details. I seen little bit white burn on the chest and sitting puffin ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gail bisson
08-11-2016, 06:07 AM
Lots to like here. Excellent DOF and IQ.Colors perfect.
The front puffin seems a bit oversharpened to my eye but the rear puffin looks perfect.
The horizon line is fine for me but if you could have a redo you should have stood up to move the horizon out of the frame.Or, you could have gone lower and gotten just blue sky.
I would back off a bit on the lightening of the eye,
Gail

William Dickson
08-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Whats not to like here. Love the pose on both birds and the IQ is very good. Great control of the blacks and whites.

Well done Ann

Will

arash_hazeghi
08-11-2016, 09:04 PM
I like the poses but the puffin is over sharpened with halo artifacts. the sharpest focus was on the closer bird so the far puffin is slightly soft. The best approach for photos like this is to do focus stacking

you may want to clean up the dropping on the rock as well

TFS

Marina Scarr
08-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Lovely frame of the pair. Agree on the back bird but the image still works. I would darken the eye of the near bird.