PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Color Frame

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Some waves off a boat. Along with NR, SEP w/ luminosity blend, several Fill layers and oval selection with variety of blend modes, Topaz simplify, Topaz Adjust. In other words fun with color til done. Perhaps, 35 layers in all.

Thanks for looking. (Doesn't render well on Chrome for some reason, IE or Edge looks better for a change).

Cheers,

-Michael-

Cheryl Slechta
08-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Great colors and sense of motion, Michael. I especially like the bottom wave that is lapping its way out of the frame. Nice interpretation of the theme:S3:

Anita Bower
08-10-2016, 01:21 PM
I agree with Cheryl. This is definitely OOTB. Very creative. I'm looking at it in Chrome, and also Safari, as those are the two I have. I especially like the blues,lavenders and golds of the waves--beautiful colors. it seems you just played with the image until you saw something you liked!

Hazel Grant
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM
35 layers!!! what work....and what fun you must have had. I think the red oval creates just the right structured contrast to the waves.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Cheryl, Anita, Hazel,

Thanks much for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. Processing like this for me is not work really. I put on some music, try this and that. Keep or toss results, a little color here, blending there, toning is often a 4 or 5 layer process for me so it all adds up. Sometimes it all gets scrapped. I tried to integrate varying contrasting colors here on the flowing forms of the waves.

Cheers,

-Michael-