PDA

View Full Version : Black-throated Sparrow II

Tim Foltz
08-03-2016, 02:12 AM
1DMKIII • 700 mm • 1/1600 • f/5.6 • ISO 320 • HH • Manual

Here is another shot from the same outing as the last post this time on a "clean" perch.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

David Salem
08-03-2016, 08:29 AM
I personally like this one better than the first one Tim. Not only is the OOF cactus foreground gone but the singing pose, raised foot and nice details look great too. Maybe a bit more room in front of the bird but looks good as is too. Well done

annmpacheco
08-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Hi Tim,
I agree with David, id like to see more room in front and i do like the raised foot off the spine of the cactus, and the open beak, smart bird! nice image.

Isaac Grant
08-03-2016, 12:30 PM
I'll be the odd man out on this one. I think the other image was better. I do like very much the pose and the raised foot and the great perch it is on. To me this one is very cramped. I think it needs much more room around the bird, especially on the right and top. I don't really like the large out of focus cactus on the left in the background either. Most importantly, I don't think the right part of the bird is in focus. The eye, head and throat do not look tack sharp to me. The body does. Is it motion blur or was focus on the body and not the head?

arash_hazeghi
08-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Like Dave, I also prefer this one but I'd put a bit more room around him. the calling pose and the perch is a plus! TFS

Jonathan Ashton
08-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Me too the previous was good this better, could do with a little breathing space though, just a bit large in the frame.