PDA

View Full Version : spoonie and sunflowers

annmpacheco
08-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Taken in Texas last April, this roseate flew low atop the sunflowers back to the nest. I removed a stick in the middle of the frame, as well as a bit of green above the left wing. Also reduced saturation on the flowers.
Any suggestions about bird size relative to BG?

1Dx
600mmII
ISO 500
1/2000

Isaac Grant
08-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I think this is a great picture. I like that the pink is controlled and not over saturated. Very well exposed. Very different than other spoonbill images I have seen with the great flowers in the background. I think you could even add a bit of yellow back to the flowers and it would still work. I love the spread wings and that you can see one of the eyes. Ideally I would like a little more room all around for me but hard to complain about being too close to a spoonbill! Lovely for me.

Glennie Passier
08-02-2016, 05:51 PM
OMG Ann! Beautiful! Love the vibrant colours and the wonderful pose. Great exposure. You must be happy with this.

stuart wanuck
08-02-2016, 06:34 PM
sweet with lovely bg

Lorant Voros
08-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Interesting combination of colors here, unusual at the same time, at least where I live we don't have these kind of flowers around the spoonies. Beautiful flying pose captured and I like the way you controlled the colors. Very well done, Ann.

gail bisson
08-03-2016, 05:33 AM
This is terrific Ann.
Love the colors and the IQ is excellent. Fun color palette. Excellent DOF.
A bit more room at the bottom if you have it would be nice but still excellent as presented.
I could also see a version with some off the top and have it as a panorama comp.
Gail

David Salem
08-03-2016, 08:35 AM
This is awesome Ann!! The pose and the colors are striking against the sunflowers. Beautiful exposure and details and I like the fact that this is a handsome breeding male. I agree with a bit more room on the bottom but otherwise, another great frame from you. I would be stoked to have something like this in my portfolio. Very well done

annmpacheco
08-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. I do have room below and i do like more sunflowers!

Adhika Lie
08-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Wow, this is nice, Ann. The color works really well here and I love that BG. Very nice!

Marina Scarr
08-03-2016, 02:36 PM
You absolutely nailed the exposure and sharpness on this spoonie, and what a great pose. I would really like to see it with more space esp on bottom and right if you have it.

William Dickson
08-04-2016, 02:38 PM
All been said and I agree. The colours are fabulous. Love it :S3:

Will

Saurabh Singh
08-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Dear annmpacheco,

This is stunning! Be it composition , wings spread , P.P and beautiful habitat.
Esp. Yellows, subtle blue and pinks are adding charm to this image.

Frankly , Would not change a thing.
T.F.S

Regards
Saurabh

Robert Kimbrell
08-07-2016, 08:38 PM
What a beautiful image, excellent exposure and processing. I also could also see a little more room at the bottom, but it is a stunner as posted.