PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Goldfinch

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Another Lesser Goldfinch from mountains behind my house.

Based on the feedback I waited to get a little more closer to the bird to take this shot. Only females seems to allow me to get closer to them.

Nikon D500, f/7.1, 1/640 sec, ISO 1250

Post processing:-
Minimal Cropping
Exposure + 1.25
contrast +23

Noise reduction - Neat Image

Do let me know your comments on the same.

Andrew Harrell
08-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Krishna: I like the colors in this one!! How did you get the soft, soft purple OOF background? Really contrasts well with the strong yellow in the sunflower. Yes, you definitely got closer in this picture and the bird is larger -- well done! I'll let others more experienced comment on the technicals of the bird itself, but I do like the composition you have presented!

AP

Tim Foltz
08-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Hello Krishna, nice details and comp., If it were mine I would darken some of the overexposed areas on the sunflower stems,
to bad about the oof twigs in the foreground. Nice Job.

-Tim

Glennie Passier
08-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Krishna, Lovely little bird. The BG is very complimentary to the colour of the bird. The detail on the bird and exposure look good. If this were mine, I would consider a bit more canvas in front of the bird if you have it.

Points taken about the OOF grasses in front of the bird. You maybe able to reduce the effect, if this is within your ethics, with careful PSing. The one that runs through his flank would be barely recognizable. I think the image is very nice and worth the extra effort.

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Krishna, Lovely little bird. The BG is very complimentary to the colour of the bird. The detail on the bird and exposure look good. If this were mine, I would consider a bit more canvas in front of the bird if you have it.

Points taken about the OOF grasses in front of the bird. You maybe able to reduce the effect, if this is within your ethics, with careful PSing. The one that runs through his flank would be barely recognizable. I think the image is very nice and worth the extra effort.

Thank you for the kind feedback Glennie. I will try to reduce the effect of OOF grasses infront of the bird.

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Hello Krishna, nice details and comp., If it were mine I would darken some of the overexposed areas on the sunflower stems,
to bad about the oof twigs in the foreground. Nice Job.

-Tim

Thank you Tim. I will try to darken the overexposed areas on the sunflower stems.

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Krishna: I like the colors in this one!! How did you get the soft, soft purple OOF background? Really contrasts well with the strong yellow in the sunflower. Yes, you definitely got closer in this picture and the bird is larger -- well done! I'll let others more experienced comment on the technicals of the bird itself, but I do like the composition you have presented!

AP

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your kind comments. I shot this early morning. There are lot of sunflower seeds at the end of my apartments and I try to visit them twice a week. The direction of sun is such that sun will be behind me when I shoot them in the mornings. Only at 7-8AM sun is high enough (due to mountains) to light the bird. For this shot, she flew across me and landed on sunflower which has a fence in that color. so I think its a combination of light and fence which made those colors.

Bob Miller
08-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Krishna...very nice closeup with good sharp detail in the bird. WHAT LENSE WERE YOU USING? You could consider adding some more canvas to the LHS and darkening the stems

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Krishna...very nice closeup with good sharp detail in the bird. WHAT LENSE WERE YOU USING? You could consider adding some more canvas to the LHS and darkening the stems

Thank you bob for the feedback. I am using Sigma 150-600mm Sports Lens.

Ray Iaea
08-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Nice photo. I like the bird colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk