PDA

View Full Version : Theme---hi-key pair of incoming wavies

Bob Smith
07-31-2016, 06:41 PM
164126I also have some shots of hi-key pairs with both wings matching at wide spread and slightly cupped but like this one for the contrasting wing configurations and the innocent looks on their faces .7DII,EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS MII @ 400mm, ISO 640, f/5,6, 1/1000, HH, cropped to 60% orig. pix. script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/98700a89/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/98700a89/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
SaveSave

Glennie Passier
08-01-2016, 09:43 PM
You're having a great time with these snow geese? I like the incoming poses and the different wing positions.

I would like to see more room above, bottom and RHS if you have it. I may even be tempted to make the image more high key.

TFS

Bob Smith
08-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Right Glennie, these are Lesser Snow Geese from the Wrangell Is.. flock on the Pacific Flyway, taken in March just before the spring migration north to the nesting grounds on that island in the Arctic Ocean, north of Siberia. This was a full frame exposure so there wasn't any room on the right but I've given this RP what I could top and bottom and boosted the hi-key somewhat---thanks for the suggestion,,, I like it.164153<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/874ea7f5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/874ea7f5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/874ea7f5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Glennie Passier
08-02-2016, 03:32 PM
I like it too Bob. What about a tiny touch of contrast to the heads?

Bob Smith
08-02-2016, 07:59 PM
I pushed up the colour on the heads and feet here a bit Glennie using an "increase saturation" brush.-164161<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/874ea7f5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/874ea7f5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/874ea7f5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>