PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly

John Mack
07-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Butterfly in early morning light on small flower. Canon 5dmarkIII canon 180 macro on tripod. ISO 1600 f8.0 1/125 sec.

MiroslavMaric
07-30-2016, 06:09 AM
Like the light and BG tone. If mine I would try to clone the stem at the right side. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Tom Sarver
07-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Very nice colors and detail. Looks almost like a human face from a side view.

Tom

Jonathan Ashton
07-30-2016, 05:34 PM
Beautiful shot very well detailed and exposed. Having said that I wonder if the butterfly would have a little more impact if the background was toned down just a little as it is quite a bit brighter than the subject.

Allen Sparks
07-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Hi John,
The textures captured on the butterfly are quite nice. Good exposure and sharpness on the butterfly and perch. Agree with above comments on BG. A fine image.
Allen

Ron Conlon
07-31-2016, 12:54 PM
I like it a lot. The bright background is not conventional, but I like it partly because of that, and also because it is visually interesting. The tendril on the right is also unconventilnal, but I think that it is fine because it helps create a diagonal. Subject is wonderfully exposed and sharp. What I might consider altering (depending on comfort with alterations) would be to clone or paint some of the blue/white spots to make them green.

Daniel Cadieux
08-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Oh wow I love this! The BG is superb. So is the subject and perch. lot of interest going on here, quite the visual feast. If anything I'd try to lighten the darker area in the lower right corner as it pulls the eye there (at least mine). Very nicely done.