PDA

View Full Version : Theme The BEST DAYS !

haseeb badar
07-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Hello everyone !

Another image for this months theme . A playful Cheetah cubs just after a fresh spell of Rain at Amboseli National Park. They were in a very playful mood and its always fun to see these cats playing and jumping around . It was quite late in the evening and also still a bit cloudy.

Canon 5D MK III , Canon 500m f4 with 1.4x T.C. , Bean Bag.

ss : 1/2000 , f/7.1 , iso 4000.

DPP 4, CS6, selective colour, levels, NR, sharpening .

ALL your C&C's are most welcome.

Rachel Hollander
07-27-2016, 05:45 AM
Hi Haseeb - It's a fun image showing them playing in the bush and caught mid pounce. I like the way both tails extend in the air. The bg gives the impression of it needing ccw rotation. I like the bit of movement too.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
07-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Hi Haseeb agree with Rachel that this is a fun action shot of the cheetah youngsters ,
i like the overall colors and comp , the environment adds to the scene ... playing hide and seek .Great dynamic and even at 1/2000 sec not all is sharp .... i can imagine how fast they have moved .
The whitest do look a bit hot on the left cheetah and just asking curious where the FP locked on .... ?
After a second view i might also check the rotation suggested by Rachel ....

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
07-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Hi Haseeb, certainly different and a nice departure to what we see normally.

If the head of the RH Cheetah was sharp then it would really have taken this up a notch. If as asked earlier, open it up in DPP and check where the FP(s) were would be a great help. If indeed it's on the head then the camera is front focusing IMHO.

Being overcast has helped here and good to see you upping the ISO, a wise move.

TFS
Steve

D. Robert Franz
07-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Love the action for sure! Agree on the head of the one cheetah but overall a fun image!

Morkel Erasmus
07-30-2016, 03:08 PM
Cool moment, I've been caught with too much lens previously when cheetah cubs become boisterous and run after each other.
I agree with Steve's comment - check the FP on that RHS cheetah? I don't mind the hint of movement (at 1/2000 shows you how nippy they are).

haseeb badar
07-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Thank you everyone !

The FP's are in front of the left cubs face , below the belly of the right cub . The action was too fast for my liking :bg3: