PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Tern

gail bisson
07-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Taken in Iceland
Canon 1 DX
600mm
ISO 800 SS 1/3200 F 7.1
PP: Minimal crop for composition. Nothing cloned or added. Usual LR 6 sliders.
I could lighten the blacks on the head but feel that this is how is is IRL. Will be interested to hear your thought on this.
The BG is a field with yellow flowers.
I have been trying to get this shot for quite a while. I wanted a wings forward position but with the eye still visible and not obscured by the wings.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Tim Foltz
07-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Gail, I'm glad you finally got your shot, the BG, sharpness and details are all fine.
I would have preferred to see it a bit higher in the frame though.

-Tim

annmpacheco
07-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Super nice job Gail, i like the image just as it is. IMO I agree with leaving the black head as is, bc the eye is so well exposed and the crown is shaded by the wing. lovely BG, and the wings up sure is a pretty freeze! Glad you "cleaned" up after this shoot!

Kirk Benson
07-25-2016, 10:45 PM
I really like this a lot Gail, the BG and light are terrific... the wing position is very cool and I like seeing the feet tucked up nicely. I'm good with both the blacks and whites as-is, well done. I might have placed the Tern ever so slightly higher in the frame, but that's my only very small nit. Excellent work. :-)

Kirk

arash_hazeghi
07-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Excellent pose, I like the wing position but I wish the feet were extended. I like the composite as is since the tern is not looking down

I haven't seen an arctic tern but the beak reds look totally different than other terns? or maybe just the WB is a bit off

TFS

Eric Dienesch
07-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Best posistion to make a really nice picture from this bird.
well dione, nothing more to mention from me

Glenn Conlan
07-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Love the wing and tail feathers set against a great BG, well done

Adhika Lie
07-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Beautiful, Gail. I have been trying to take pictures of the tern as well and this one is really nails it in my book. This wing forward position exudes a lot of energy.

David Salem
07-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Fantastic wing and tail position Gail and I love the green mottled BG too. Your techs and details look right on and I really like the tucked in little red foot. Well done