PDA

View Full Version : Summer morning

Robert Kimbrell
07-23-2016, 05:47 PM
1Dx2 600 & 2xIII
1/600 F/10 ISO 1000
I took this at Ding Darling last weekend. 4 were bathing side by side in the late morning.

Daniel Cadieux
07-23-2016, 06:03 PM
The pinks and blues go really well together, and the near wing looks great. I like the scruffy neck. Good low angle, and just enough reflection below. I do find the image rather bright though. Lowering the midtones and highlights would do the image justice IMO.

Arthur Morris
07-23-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm with Dan on pulling down the curve on this one. Love the BKGR. A bit more head turn towards us would have improved it a bit.

Spoonbills at Ding Darling--unique these days!

a

Tim Foltz
07-24-2016, 01:22 AM
Robert, One of my bucket list birds... love these spoonbills, just a bit of curves adjustment like Daniel stated and you'll have a sweet shot.

-Tim

David Salem
07-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Great looking frame Robert. I like the pose with the open wings and the HA and shooting angle look perfect too. As the others have mentioned this one is overexposed and washed out.
Hope you are ok with me playing around with the image. It took more than just lowering the exposure on this one to bring it back. I adjusted the tones, curves, levels, exposure and contrast.
I also selectively sharpened the head and neck. I didn't change the color but as I adjusted each step, it brought out the colors, even the green under the bill and obviously the blue of the water.
Let me know your thoughts
Well done

Robert Kimbrell
07-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the feed back and suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to rework the image David. Your have brought out more detail in the head and neck and it does have a less washed out feel. Perhaps I would reduce the saturation in your version a little, but it does look better and I thank you for your time and expertise.