PDA

View Full Version : Endangered Rufous-necked Hornbill

Sandeep Chakraborty
07-23-2016, 08:09 AM
The path to this place was very narrow and slippery(Proably 1.5 ft wide) and there was a lot of hindrances made by the branches that made it difficult to capture the flight shots.

Canon 7D
Canon 400MM F/5.6L USM
1/1000sec at ISO-800
Aperture- F/5.6
Spot Metering +0.33 EV
Processed using Photoshop CS4.
Done some basic adjustments on shadows and highlights and selective sharpening on the Bird.
Thanks for Viewing.

Randy Stout
07-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Sandeep:

I don't believe I have ever seen this species on BPN before, which is saying something. Worth the challenging approach.

You have shown his rufous neck well. Although he is angled away, the head is turned back our way, which helps.

I might consider warming the color temp. of the image up just a bit. Nice sense of depth from the trees in the bg.

Cheers

Randy

Adhika Lie
07-23-2016, 09:26 AM
This is a new species to me so this is fascinating. I don't know how difficult it is to sight this bird in your area but you've caught a really pleasing head turn for me. The wing position is unfortunate (more because the primary cuts into the bill more than anything else) but it doesn't detract from the image per se. I agree with Randy's comment about the color temperature. As presented it's a tad on the cooler side.

arash_hazeghi
07-23-2016, 11:17 AM
this is a very beautiful specie and you caught him against a nice BG, as Randy mentioned unfortunately he had already passed you, overall the image looks a bit soft to my eye

TFS

Arthur Morris
07-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi Sandeep and welcome. The bird is quite wonderful as are the critiques and suggestions above. We hope to see more images and welcome you to join our community.

a

Robert Kimbrell
07-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Always nice to see a new species here. What a beautiful bird. Like the distant background. Good suggestions above, and overall an attractive image. Welcome

Daniel Cadieux
07-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Hi Sandeep, welcome to BPN! Awesome bird! Good tips / suggestions by the folks above. Hope to see more from you, and please do critique others' works too....all part of the fun here on BPN:S3:.