PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Valley at Sunset

Rachel Hollander
07-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Driving toward the setting sun I liked the ways these trees and the hillside were backlit by the setting sun so stopped to grab a shot. I had been shooting wildlife so had that body and lens more handy.

Canon 7D2
100-400 II @ 135mm
1/640
f13
ISO 100
HH, cropped to pano to remove brighter area, levels, curves, sharpened in CCPS.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Don Railton
07-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Hi Rachel. A simple but very effective layered image..! I like it. I would maybe suggest about 10mm off the top so the top (sky) layer on the LH border is the same height at the layer below on the right hand border.. Sound confusing but I am aiming to make one the same size as the other when its inverted and flipped..(and that's probably even more confusing..) I would suggest that you could clone out that little 4th layer creaping in RHS but I know Rachels cloning policy so say no more...

DON

Adhika Lie
07-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Basically what Don said, Rachel. I am also thinking a slight CW rotation? Or maybe it's just the heavy vegetation on the LR corner makes it look a little right heavy...

Don Lacy
07-24-2016, 06:01 PM
I like the back lit trees and atmosphere of the image. I would also crop a bit more off the top. For me the biggest issue is the brightness of the water it keeps drawing my eye away from the trees and hill where they want to settle I would darken that area a bit more so it was not competing with the rest of the image for attention.

Rachel Hollander
07-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Thanks Don, Adhika and Don for the comments and suggestions, much appreciated.