PDA

View Full Version : Grey Catbird

Simon d'Entremont
07-19-2016, 07:23 PM
This Catbird was taken using my car as a blind, resting my lens on a beanbag on the window sill. I made some basic adjustments in Lightroom, and in Photoshop sharpened the bird and reduced noise in the background. I toyed with the idea of removing the darker section in the background on the left (which would be easy enough), but left it in to add a bit more depth and character to the background.

Canon 7DII
500 f4 #@ f5
ISO 400
1/500 sec

Simon

Glennie Passier
07-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Simon, I am unable to comment on the colour of the bird, but I am able to comment on the colour of this beautiful image. I like it very much. The very basic palette is quite enchanting. The pose, bird, BG and perch are wonderful. I also like the darker area on the LHS.

David Salem
07-20-2016, 06:55 PM
Nice perky pose with great looking details and colors. The dark crosses in the BG could easily be cloned out if you are not opposed and the 1/4 closed nictitaing membrane could be fixed easily too. Well done

arash_hazeghi
07-20-2016, 11:39 PM
nice pose and light Simon, it;s a bit over sharpened with feather edges showing jagged artifacts, ditto on the nictitating membrane

TFS

Daniel Cadieux
07-21-2016, 07:57 AM
Good view of the reddish undertail coverts field mark. Good grip of the perch with that foot! My first thought was the over-sharpening, so I am glad Arash mentioned it. Maybe a tad more perch showing would have been good, and I too would be tempted to fix the nictitating membrane. You could also tone down the very bright leg. Good colours and BG.

gail bisson
07-21-2016, 02:41 PM
I love the color palette in this image. Great BG.Sweet perky pose.
I too, think the image is a bit oversharpened.
I think I see a little bit of cloning artifact about 2 inches from lhs of frame and about 3/4 of an inch up from bottom of frame. easy fix.
Well done,

Gail