PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Pheobe

Paul Lagasi
06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi All
I figured now that I am a member, I better start using all the things I've learned in here since February. I would like to thank you all for your tips, hints and critiques. I was driving by a farmers field again looking for different
sparrows..and this Eastern Pheobe flew on the fence and gave me time to get off a few photos. Paul
D300, 200-400vr, vr OFF, Handheld, ISO-800, 1/2000, f/4, E.V. +1

Axel Hildebrandt
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Very nice eye contact and BG. Too bad the sun was not behind you. The bird has a slight green cast, maybe due to the surrounding? Thanks for sharing!

Robert Amoruso
06-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Paul,

I think Axel made some good comments. For backlit images, fill-flash can help to illuminate the bird and bring up the image quality a lot. There is a road here in Florida I will travel in my truck to make images of perched birds. In the morning one side is good with the direction of light and in the afternoon the other. When I go there, I only photograph that side of the road where the light is at my back.

Perhaps conditions are such that is not an option but it is something to consider. Choosing to create images in the best light improves the quality of your images.

Lana Hays
06-14-2008, 05:40 AM
Paul
You have some nice elements with this one......simplistic with great BG and bird. You just needed the light coming from a different direction or.......some flash. I guess it's time to get that flash and start experimenting.

Arsdel Fluesmeier
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
The bird does have a slight green cast. Back light is a problem. Well done tho.