PDA

View Full Version : Theme: If Looks Could Kill...

Jim Neiger
07-17-2016, 10:15 AM

Adult male Snail Kite
Osceola County, Fl - 1D2n, hand held from boat, 1/1000, F4.5, ISO 500, manual exposure

Randy Stout
07-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Jim:

Had you just eaten the last snail on the lake? He doesn't look happy at all!

Nice detail, exposure, nice grip on the branches. Good bg.

Cheers

Randy

John Hackney
07-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Beautiful shot. Great detail.

Mike Poole
07-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Wow, so we could get good shots with our old gear :bg3:

A nice look at the snail Kite and I love the stare, not in any mood to mess about is he?

Was this in Florida? I'm planning a trip next year and was given a possible good location for these birds which I'm considering if there is a high chance of seeing them at reasonable range.

Mike

Steve Kaluski
07-18-2016, 02:03 AM
Cracking portrait Jim, just would like a bit less above and more below. Depending on your ethics, I think the small branches bottom LHS could go. Overall the image looks heavily saturated, check your settings as the images is RGB and does not have an sRGB colour profile embedded Jim, probably a box needs to be checked.

TFS
Steve

Jim Neiger
07-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Cracking portrait Jim, just would like a bit less above and more below. Depending on your ethics, I think the small branches bottom LHS could go. Overall the image looks heavily saturated, check your settings as the images is RGB and does not have an sRGB colour profile embedded Jim, probably a box needs to be checked.

TFS
Steve

Thanks Steve. If you saw this bird with his breeding plumage in soft morning light, as in this image, you wouldn't think it was over saturated. This is pretty much exactly the way he appeared to my eye.

Steve Kaluski
07-18-2016, 02:11 PM
If you saw this bird with his breeding plumage in soft morning light, as in this image, you wouldn't think it was over saturated.

Indeed Jim, sweet (golden) light definitely plays a huge part, and something we all strive for, and often a bit like looking for the Holly Grail. Plus, coupled with breeding plumage as per in this instance the whole capture is just oh so rich.

All I'm saying is that the file has no sRGB colour profile embedded in it, so the colour may not be displayed to it's best/full potential.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Jim Neiger
07-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Indeed Jim, sweet (golden) light definitely plays a huge part, and something we all strive for, and often a bit like looking for the Holly Grail. Plus, coupled with breeding plumage as per in this instance the whole capture is just oh so rich.

All I'm saying is that the file has no sRGB colour profile embedded in it, so the colour may not be displayed to it's best/full potential.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve. This is an image from 2007. I'm not sure why there is no embedded profile, but I'm happy with the color when viewing it here.

arash_hazeghi
07-19-2016, 02:43 AM
colors look pretty good to my eye. love the pose and sharp detail

1D2n! hehe

Glenn Conlan
07-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Rich colors of feet and cere can be indicative of a raptor that has had a very good diet. Well done Jim nice detail of a special bird